Monday 21 September 2015

PLAYSTATION PAD THAT CAN BE CONTROLLED WITH THE MOUTH

Paralysed from the neck down after a triathlon accident, football fan Will Clark found himself no longer able to play on his beloved PlayStation.

But friends helped build the world’s first mouth-controlled games console for him, creating a chair with buttons operated by his shoulders and a joystick operated by his lip and chin.

And Mr Clark, 30, of Grasmere, Cumbria, can now play his favourite football game Fifa - three years after the accident saw him suffered a spinal injury so severe that he lost the use of all his limbs.

He said: ‘I used to be such an active person and had to go back to square one. After the accident, I had to let other people do thing for me that I would have done without even thinking about it.

‘I used to love cooking and had to let someone else do all my meals for me. There were things that I never thought that I would be able to do again - getting back to play on the PlayStation was one.
 ‘At the moment I am really into Fifa. I have a special controller which I can operate - I use my chin to move one of the joysticks and can press the buttons with special pads I hit with my shoulders.

‘My friends and I are very competitive with each other. Preston North End has always been my local team that I supported, but the one in the Premier League is Manchester United.’

Mr Clark broke the right half of his neck during the cycling stage of a triathlon in Thirlmere in 2012, when he went over the top of the handlebars after an object became stuck in his wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment