Friday 4 September 2015

"I DIDN'T SPEND A DIME TO PROMOTE 'DORROBUCCI' AND I AM ADDICTED TO TWITTER" - DON JAZZY

Multiple award winning song ‘Dorrobucci‘ by the Don Jazzy led Mavin records was released on May 1, 2014. The official video has had over 11 million Youtube views as at July 23, 2014 and it’s safe to say the song was and probably still one of the biggest in Africa in the last one year. Interestingly, not one dime was spent to promote it.

Don Jazzy said he didn’t spend a dime to promote the song. In his words, ‘I think Dorrobucci is the least promoted song in the history of mankind. Apart from the fact that I was doing Instagram and twitter posts, I didn’t print promo cds, I didn’t go to radio or tv for promo. We just dropped the song online and we were joking about it on Instagram and from there it became very big and we’ve made a lot of money from the song (laughs)’.

He added: ‘My method may not be the  right method but for now it’s working, I am happy, my fans are happy’.

The Mavins Boss grosses over 1.1 million followers on Twitter and 793,000 followers on Instagram.
He revealed his love for Social Media platform and why he’s such an avid user of social media.
 According to him, His shy nature and reluctance to grant interviews is what actually spurred his love for Twitter when it came along.

    ‘If you know me, you’ll know I don’t grant interviews because I’m very shy, I don’t like cameras, most times I know what to say but I don’t know how to say it and sometimes I say it very blunt, so I try as much as possible not to do interviews.
    But then, Twitter came along and I found a way to stay in my house and say what I want to say without facing a camera and I can reach my fans, study them and get their reactions first hand.
    So, I practically sit-down on my computer and follow up with comments and reactions, so I decided that this is a way to reach a bunch of people and I had to be very vocal on it.
    So I think every artiste should be on social media, if you are not already there, you need to engage your fans and make them part of your growth process’.

NET

No comments:

Post a Comment