Tuesday 22 September 2015

MUSIC VIDEO DIRECTOR, UNLIMITED LA, ROBBED IN NEW YORK HOTEL

 Nigerian cinematographer, Olalekan Buari was recently robbed at a New York hotel when he flew out of the country to attend the 2015 Nigerian Entertainment  awards ceremony. Olalekan went out during one of  his days at the hotel only to return to meet an almost empty room.

‘My bags mysteriously disappeared from my hotel room, and it contained my Mac book pro Laptop, two 2terrabite Hard drives, $4,500 cash, camera, lenses, clothes, jewelry and my international passport,’ he told TheNet.Ng while narrating his ordeal.

Speaking on the intellectual property he lost, he said, Yes, I lost a lot of materials, but the good thing is I had back ups for all the files so it’s fine’...

When also asked if the hotel management or NEA organizers did anything to help him, he said, ‘Nobody did anything for me o, they were just saying sorry sorry’....

He was however issued an emergency travel documents to help him return home. It will definitely be a trip to remember for him. We also say sorry!.

No comments:

Post a Comment