Sunday 13 September 2015

2FACE IDIBIA TELLS THE STORY OF HOW HE FIRST CAME TO LAGOS

In a recent exclusive chat with NET, music superstar, 2face Idibia revealed how he first came to Lagos.

He said, ‘The 1st time I ever came to Lagos was in 1992, I actually came with a friend. I was in secondary school then and we spent one week after which we returned to Benue,’ 2face revealed and continued, ‘In 97 while at IMT, I got serious with music and after my OND, I decided to do it full time. Blackface had finished his HND at the moment and was ready to also concentrate on music. We started performing together in Benue then moved to Lagos in 1998. Although my parents tried to persuade me to complete my education but they eventually supported me when they discovered I was resolved to do music.’

He further disclosed how Blackface’s uncle housed them in his apartment in Festac. ‘On getting to Lagos, it was Captain Moses Ahmedu, a military man who housed us and this was for a while.’

No comments:

Post a Comment